Washington Divorce Online is a service created in Washington State that allows you to complete your official Washington State Petition for Dissolution of Marriage, commonly known as divorce, online.
How to File a Divorce in Washington State
- Make a copy of your official divorce documents,
provided by Washington Divorce Online.
If you have children under 18, you will also need to sign
the Parenting Plan and a Child Support form.
- Take the original documents and copies to the courthouse of the county where you will be filing your divorce.
If you choose to file in Lincoln your
county, you may file by mail and avoid court appearance.
Neither you nor your spouse needs to live in Lincoln County.
Both of you only need to agree to file here. You
may mail your divorce papers to:
450 Logan St
PO Box 68
Davenport, WA 99122-0068
- Pay the filing fee.
If you cannot afford the filing fee, you can ask the court to waive it by completing and submitting a form, which can be obtained from the court clerk or family law facilitator.
- The Clerk will keep your original divorce form.
Ask the clerk to stamp the date when you filed the divorce on all your copies. Write the case number on your copies.
- Serve the divorce papers on your spouse.
You may do this by asking the other party to sign “Acceptance of Service” to acknowledge in writing that he/she has accepted the divorce documents.
- File the Signed Acceptance of Service or Return of Service.
Click here to begin your Washington State divorce online
- Wait until the court signs the papers when your divorce will become final.